Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Stop the Worry, Do it God's way

If you are at a place where you find yourself thinking and meditating about a problem that stands before you, then you must know that you are at a place that God does not want you to be at. As a matter of fact, God is displeased when we stand at this place of worry and concern, for your actions display to God that you have no confidence or faith in Him to take care of you and see you through to the other side of that problem.

If you are worrying about something, then realize that you have exalted yourself above God's throne. (I know that you didn't intend to do that, but never the less, you have exalted yourself above God and taken His rightful place). That which He is responsible for, you have taken upon yourself and God never intended for you to do that. Actually when you worry, you are in outright disobedience to God for He has said, "be anxious for nothing" (Phil 4:6). If you are anxious about the problem that stands before you, then you have turned away from what God has said for you to do which now makes you responsible for the answer and removal of the problem, and in this state of being or mind, you have every right to be anxious and worried.

But God has said in His word that when you find yourself at this anxious place then it's time for you to be a doer of the word and the word that He would have you do is found in 1 Pet 5:6-8. What this word is saying is that if you are worrying, you have exalted yourself to Lord over that situation and you have exalted your throne above God's. He declares that you must recognize that this is wrong, confess it before the Lord and repent by humbling yourself, bowing your knee to Jesus and exalting Him over your problem. The way you exalt Him is by doing verse 7, casting all your care (of that problem) over onto Him, then leaving it there. The way you leave it there is by doing verse 8, resist the devil when he tries to put the worries back on you. You must resist that temptation to take that worry back and hold fast believing that Jesus is holding onto that care and He will see you through because He cares for you.

This is called living by faith, not by how you feel or think about it. This is the way God designed man/woman to live. It is the highest level of life that man can experience. It's the life of faith. Trusting God and not leaning to your own understanding. It's doing it God's way and not your way.

So, are you worrying about something right now? Well, I was and that is why God spoke these words to me and I'm thankful He did. For I have done what He said to do and now I'm walking free from that care. (the care is still there, it hasn't gone anywhere, but I no longer have possession of that care, I gave it to Jesus, for He is my Faithful Lord and High Priest and He will watch over His word to perform it and bring it to it's desired end).

This is truly the intent of this blog site. My prayer is that you will have the opportunity to learn God's ways through my experiences with Him in hope that it will prepare you for those things down the road that we all will face, it's called "the issues of life". But the good news is, "God is able, therefore that makes me able if I'll put my trust in Him".

I pray you trust Him today with that care you have been holding onto. It's time to be free!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your encouragement.I am 56 years old and for the first time in my life I am dealing with a boss who uses lies and deceit to accomplish her agenda. It's very hard to not retaliate and expose her deceitful ways. She thinks I'm a pushover because I'm trying to be patient and wait on God. I need God's strength to function in such an environment.

Terry said...

Tim,

I was truly blessed to receive your comments and I want you to know that I am praying for that strength from God that you are looking for. The more time you spend with the Father and the Word (Jesus) the more strength you will have for "the joy of the Lord is your STRENGTH"(Neh 8:10). Stay encouraged and continue to yield to that love that has been deposited into your heart by the Holy Spirit (Rom 5:5)...Be Blessed