Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Do You Fear God or Are You Afraid of God

Why do I choose to live by faith? Because of my fear of God (Prov 1:7). Because I know God from being with Him in intimate fellowship and I respect Him and His Ways , because I am in awe of Him, and I am fearful to live my life any other way than God's way and God's way is the way of "Faith" which is believing Him over all other ways.

The genuine life of faith comes from a healthy respect of God and His Word (Jesus--John 1:1). The power behind the life of faith is the fear of God. That does not mean that I am afraid of God, but rather afraid to leave God's path for any other way, because I honor and love God with all my heart and I am thoroughly convinced that's God's Way for living is the right way.

Without the fear of God as your motivation to live by faith, your faith will have no power behind it, but it will only be mechanical as you religiously try to live according to the Word of God, but without the fear of God, you will be tempted to live your life another way, separate from God's way.

It's the fear of God that promotes the healthy lifestyle of living by faith. It's impossible to please God without faith (Heb 11:6), so why would you choose to live any other way? Because instead of being in awe of God and holding God in high regard by respecting His ways, you rather are afraid of God and His ways (the Bible--the Word of God declares His Ways) because you don't know Him (you may know of Him or about Him, but you don't know Him) and if you don't know Him from being with Him (fellowship with Him), then you will always choose the familiar way, which will be the way of the World, and instead of being led by the fear of the One True God, you will rather be led by the fear of the god of this world, whose name is satan (I refuse to capitalize his name).There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end of that way is "Death" (Prov 14:12) because satan's ways always leads to death never to life

You will only have a healthy fear of God by knowing Him through experiencing Him in fellowship with Him and you'll never get to know Him if you don't know His Son Jesus, for no one can come to the Father except through Him (John 14:6). How well do you know Jesus? That determines how well you will know the Father. You can't know Him (the Father) without being with Him (the Son) but once you know Him (the Son), you will fear Him (the Father) just like Jesus did when He was the Son of Man on this earth carrying out the assignment of His Father, and this my brother and sister is a good thing for you will be led to live your life God's way and that way is "by Faith" (2 Cor 5:7)

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge (on how to live by faith), but fools (I hope that's not you) despise wisdom and instruction-- Prov 1:7

Be Blessed, for blessed is the man/woman who trusts in Him. (Ps 34:8)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading about some one and believing the things you have read is just knowing ABOUT them.I read my Bible or listen to it on audio, I try as hard as I can to believe and trust. I pray and ask for His spirit and more faith but I still have never met or come to know Jesus. What else can I do ?

Anonymous said...

if fear is because I am being led by my flesh and not my spirit, how do I get in contact with my spirit? My flesh compels me but my spirit does not, what do I do?

Terry said...

Anonymous-- It's when a man comes to the end of himself, realizes his condition, that he has no answer for it and desperately turns to God the Father, Who inturn will lead you to His Son Jesus, then Jesus will reveal Himself to you through an undescribal love. You will recognize Him, and you will seek Him, and He will be found by you. Don't give up, keep pressing on!!.......be blessed, Terry