Friday, February 29, 2008

Do I Really Know Him?

You have to walk with Jesus to know Him. You can learn about Jesus by studying the bible and other books and know all about Him, but you'll never know Him until you walk with Him. How do you walk with Jesus? You walk by faith and not by sight. You live your life constantly aware of Jesus's presence and you talk with Him continuously as you go about your day. You are always asking Him, before you do it. You're always asking for wisdom and direction. What I see Jesus do in the Word, that is what I do, believing that Jesus will enable me to do it. I must believe He is right there with me at all times. Where ever I go, I must realize He is right there with me to show me what to do. It's only in this close relationship that I truly know Him. There is One that sticks closer than a brother, His name is Jesus. Jesus is looking for the one who will fellowship with Him in this manner. For it is to this one that Jesus will reveal Himself to, and this one will truly know Him.

It is the Father Who desires this relationship for a man/woman with His Son Jesus, because this is the only way the Father can fellowship with His man/woman. ( John 14:23 says "Jesus answered and said to him, if anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him and We will come to him and make Our home with him". Do you think you might know Jesus and the Father any better if they were living in your house with you?). God desires the man/woman to be one with Him so that the man/woman will go and do the things that Jesus desires to do. The Father is looking for that man/woman who desires this relationship with His Son. Are you that man or woman? If so, you are the most blessed man/woman on the face of the earth today. For blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord.

Come out from behind the desk of learning about Jesus, and come and walk with Him. For as you walk together you will really begin to know Him and that is what He has wanted all along and also that we would be well known by Him for He wants to know us as much as much as we want to know Him. This truly is the relationship the Father has called us to with His Son. No better relationship could we be found in.

He walks with me and He talks with me, therefore I know Him and I am forever grateful for it because this is the relationship I will spend eternity with. Know Him and be known by Him. There is no greater place to be.

No comments: