Sunday, February 24, 2008

How Come I'm Not Receiving From God?

God spoke the following to my heart and I'll share it just like God gave it to me. " My people know how to believe, but they don't receive from me because they don't know how to believe Me for the things that they need. They believe in Me, in who I AM, and what I can do, they just can't believe that I will do it for them. They hope I will, but they don't believe I will and therefore they see no results from their prayers and therefore conclude that it wasn't My will for them to have it. But this is not true. My people perish for a lack of knowledge" (Hosea 4:6).

Faith (or your believing) begins where the will of God is known. I can't believe God until I know His will for me. God's word is His will. Jesus was God's will manifested in the flesh for man to see. Whatever God has revealed to us in His word, we can be assured that is His will. The ability to receive from God is in your believing. James 4:3 says " you ask and do not receive because you ask amiss", or you ask wrongly. How do you ask wrongly? By not believing that you receive what you ask for when you pray. Believing produces receiving. How do you receive? By accepting God's word as truth, then believing whatever part of that truth that speaks to your circumstance is yours and you believe that you receive it. It comes no other way from God. We must believe to receive. That's why people try all sorts of different ways to get what they need, because they can believe in the world's system easier then they can in God's Kingdom ways. They are familiar with the world and how a person lives within the world system, but they are ignorant of God's ways. When they first look upon God's ways, it looks so strange and unfamiliar so they draw back to what they know and are comfortable with. Then they don't receive what they need from God and justify their position by saying it was not God's will for them. But the bottom line is they did not want to take the time to renew their mind so that they would be able to think like God thinks, and then God's ways would not look so strange and unattainable to them. It takes a lot of effort and desire to renew your mind to think differently then it once did.

Very few people are willing to pay the price for the renewed mind. Every man has the opportunity, but few take it. God will never change His way to get you the things that you need. You are the one that has to make the change to receive from God. God requires faith, therefore let us live the way God requires us to live, " The just shall live by faith" (Heb 10:38). Why? So that God has a way to get to His people the things that they need and desire. God is not holding out on you, He is waiting for you to believe Him.

We all know that God can. But will He do it for me? If He has declared it in His word, then that becomes His will for me(and you). He will do it, and He will do it for me(and you). All the promises of God are "Yes" and Amen".(2 Cor 1:20) . If you are a believer "in Him" then you have a right to "believe" Him. This is the believer's inheritance.

No go and be blessed so that you can go and be a blessing to someone else. Freely you have received, freely give.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Brother, cousin, Terry! How awesome this is! I am so happy and my spirit excited to be blessed by reading what God has revealed to you in His Word. I have tasted and He is good! Thanks for all you have done to help me understand His Word. I look forward to an even greater understanding.