Monday, April 28, 2008

Just How Spiritual Am I?

When a situation or an issue of life presents itself before me, God will observe me to see how I will respond to it. Spiritually or Naturally. Is my first move to try and figure it out or is my first move towards God by saying, " what does the Word declare about this situation?" Who do I depend on first? What I do first, is what I'm trusting in the most. You see, Jesus thinks different from me. He is always thinking according to the realm of the Spirit. He looks for spiritual answers to the problem, I do not at the beginning. I measure it from the natural standpoint, Jesus measures it spiritually, therefore I need to renew my mind with the word until I think like Jesus. If I'll think like Jesus, then I'll act like Jesus by doing what the Holy Spirit leads me to do in that situation that I find myself in. Yours and my answer to what we need resides in the Spirit realm, therefore start there. Start with God's report, not the doctor's report, lawyer's report, that bad report you just got on the telephone or any other kind of natural report (now I didn't say ignore it, I said don't start there). God's report is His word. Jesus said, " It is the Spirit that gives life, the flesh (the natural) profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63) Don't look first into the natural realm for your answer, it will only distract you from God's source of supply that will resolve your every need or challenge that stands before you. The Spirit realm is a higher realm than this natural realm we live in. Life's issues require spiritual responses. God has the answer and the ability for anything that exists in the natural realm (and He desires to give both of these, answer/ability, to you and me), for everything that was made and exists, was created from the Spirit realm and therefore is subject to the Spirit realm. Natural things respond to spiritual forces or better said, natural things respond to the force of God's Word (Spirit). Why are we so easily defeated when we stand before the issues of life? Because we choose to first respond naturally instead of spiritually. If we will change our ways (or change our priorities) and respond spiritually, then we will see the same results and success Jesus had for He responded to everything by being led by the Spirit, then doing what the Spirit showed Him to do. Jesus bore witness to this when He said, " Most assuredly, I SAY TO YOU, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do, for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner." (John 5:19) Now you and I need to say the same thing Jesus did (if Jesus is living in your heart today as your Savior and Lord) and it will sound just like this. " I can do nothing of myself, but what I see Jesus do, for whatever Jesus does, I will do in like manner." Does this sound strange to you? If it does, reassure yourself by reading the words of Jesus in John 14:12. Now, how do you see the things that Jesus does? By looking into the spirit realm. How? By looking into the Word. Whatever you see Him do, the father is saying to you and me, " that's what I want you to do. That's how I want you to respond to the issues of life and be the overcomer that I've made you to be" ( 1 John 5:4-5 ). There is no other way for the child of God to walk successfully. Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God. That's God's way. Lets you and I make it our way this day!! For this is the day the Lord has made for me and I'm going to rejoice in it, because I'm going to do things Jesus's way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I need to put this on a banner and hang it where I see it all the time... "Life's issues require spiritual responses"...

good stuff Dad.