Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's a New Year--Let's Go Higher

I'm sitting here today thinking about the New Year that stands before us. A new beginning of anything is always an opportunity for a new start, or to make a change from one course of action to another. I'm reflecting back on the previous year with the help of the Holy Spirit and I'm evaluating my walk of faith with the Lord Jesus. Was it pleasing to Him? Did He observe real and genuine faith?


As I honestly look back, I know that I have grown in Him and I am pleased with that, but I also see many short comings and failures in my ability to live by faith, but instead of being discouraged, I'm challenged by the Holy Spirit and I hear Him calling me up to a higher place in my walk of faith.

The thing I'm thinking about right now is the difference between me and God. The word declares in Malachi 3:6, "For I am the Lord, I do not change." And also in James 1:17, "the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning (no change)", and one more in Hebrews 13:8 to declare this truth that God never changes, "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever." It's obvious from the word that God is never going to change (and thank God for that), and it's also obvious that if anything is going to change, it's going to be me and not God for His word declares in 2 Cor 3:18, "But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord(as we look into the word we see ourselves as the reflection of Jesus, that what we are supposed to look like), and being transformed (changed from what I used to look like, to looking like Jesus) into the SAME image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."

As I look back on 2008, I am not satisfied with where I am at in this journey of faith. I am determined in 2009 to make great strides in my faith walk, because I plan on sticking closer to Jesus then I ever did before and I know that by doing this He will increase my ability to believe, because He said that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Rom 10:17) and I choose to hear more of what He has to say to me by spending more time in His presence. Jesus is the author and finisher (developer) of my faith (Heb 12:2). Jesus is not going to change, but I am. I want to be more like Him in every way, therefore I'm going to have to do it His way and not mine.

I'm also asking God how I can better use this blog site. I want to be able to communicate what God has on my heart so that I can encourage and help you on your journey of faith as well. I would like to hear more from you, the reader of this blog site. I would like to interact more with you in your struggles and in your development. I may try to share more of my daily experiences in this faith walk that I am in, the good as well as the bad. I want you to share in my journey so that It can help you in yours.

I pray for each one of you that read this blog, that God's hand of blessing be upon you this new year of 2009. I pray that you take new steps of faith this year. I pray for your well being, that you may be prosperous and successful in everything that you put your hand to, and that you walk in perfect (Divine) health each and every day. This is yours and mine inheritance, so lets you and me reach out and take ahold of more of it this year.

I would really like to hear from all of you from around this world and share your experience with me, for we are one body in Him and we are brothers and sisters and I would love to know more of my family, those of you that God has called to walk out this journey of faith. Let's you and I walk it together.

Be Blessed this year and that will happen if we trust The Father, the Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit every step of the way.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Happy New Year in the Lord, Terry! Your blog has been such a great help to me this last year. I still have some studying to do on your last writing, but that's what I like about your blog. It challenges me to get deeper in the Word. I am not satisfied with where I am in my faith walk either and hope I will see some changes in myself this year. I will definitely try and comment with each writing. I haven't missed reading a single one! May what you pray for your readers return to you also. Thank you.