Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm Back

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am back from the most exciting experience of my life. I had a certain expectation level of what it would be like in South Africa, but this trip far exceeded it. God was so good to me and my wife. He provided opportunities that were just breath taking and He revealed Himself to me many times through what He had created there. I never grew tired of looking at the mountain ranges and the green rolling plains. I can see how peoples hearts are turned by God to desire more than just to visit a place like that, but to actually live there for the season that God would determine in His perfect plan for your life.

I saw a new land, but I also saw a new people. New faces, and whole new culture. Languages and food that was totally different from what I was used to, but I found the change very exciting and I so enjoyed the new experiences.

I did find out one interesting thing about my faith there. I came to realize that the so called strong faith that I believed I was walking in before I went on this trip was very much grounded in my familiar surroundings. My faith felt much stronger at home. In South Africa everything was brand new and I wasn't familiar with anything and I had a sense of fear on different occasions that I hadn't felt in a long time. Once I got my focus back on God, He spoke to my heart and said, " I've not changed. I'm the same God that you know in Ohio. You may have changed your location to unfamiliar territory, but I'm the same God and what I said to you in Ohio, is the same thing I'm saying to you in South Africa". Oh, that was good news to my ears and I felt my faith rise back up to where I'm used to it being and I spent the rest of my days there walking by faith in the God that never changes.

I hope everyone is doing well. I must stop for now, but I will be back soon to share some revelation God has shared with me.

Be Blessed!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this... and I loved every moment too!!!