Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Are You A Disciple?

A disciple is a follower. A disciple is not in control or in charge, but it's the One who is leading that is in charge and in control. The disciple does not dictate, but the One he is following dictates. I'm a disciple because I believe in the One, His doctrine, His way, His teaching, therefore I'm to follow for one purpose only. To learn the ways of the One I'm following so that I in turn will be able to do exactly the same thing of the One I'm following. A disciple becomes a leader, but a disciple is always being led. A disciple doesn't do his own thing, he only does what he sees the One he is following do. A disciple is an imitator of the One he is following. A disciple is single minded, and only looks at the One he is following. He considers no other way. A disciple is loyal to the One he is following, ahead of anyone else he may know (spouse, parents, children, grand children, friends). A disciple loves the One he is following, therefore he does what He says, when it's convenient and when it's not, in season and out of season, whether it makes sense or not, the disciple just does it. The disciple has heard the call, "follow Me", and he has left everything to do it (that is he has put everything else in his life behind the One he is following). A disciple is a follower. Not all of God's children choose to follow. Many go there own way, but they are still God's children and heaven is their home. They will not of fulfilled God's perfect will for their lives and they will of missed God's best, but God loves His children and will see them safely home. But God is calling His children to be disciples. Will you answer Him today? Will you give Jesus your life and follow Him today? Blessed is the man/woman who trusts in the Lord. Are you ready to be blessed? You say, "Yes", then there is only One way. "Follow Me" says the Lord.

Read Luke 14:25-35

Note: Now this was God speaking to me this morning as He was speaking to me about being His disciple. He was asking me these same questions. He was confronting me and wanted me to take a hard look at myself and see if I was really the disciple I thought I was. There have been events in my life over the past few months that did not line up with His explanation of what a disciple is and must be. I humbly accepted His word of Truth and His correction for me, and now He wants the lesson I learned to be shared with you. Again that is the only intent of this blog site. God desires to touch more lives of His children than just me. I'm always thankful when God speaks to me this way, because I know if I will do what He says, I'm a blessed man, and His favor goes before me and His mercy and grace follow me all the days of my life. Come and join me and Jesus on this journey. There is plenty of room. Now go and be blessed.

2 comments:

Fibo said...

NICE Blog :)

Anonymous said...

There are so many distractions to the single-mindedness of discipleship...so many other voices...so many other paths. It's hard work!