Monday, December 24, 2007

Who Do You Look Like?

Ps 17:5 (living bible) says, " But as for me, my contentment is not in wealth but in seeing You and knowing that all is well between us. And when I awake in heaven, I will be fully satisfied, for I will see you face to face." (I will see Him as He is and then I'll realize that I am just like Him and I'll also realize that is what He has told me from the beginning, "that as He is, so are we in this world", 1 John 4:17).

What I realize as true when I see Him face to face, is the truth that God the Father wanted me to believe while I was on the earth ( Prov 23:7 "for as a man thinks in his heart, SO IS HE"). It has always been the Father's desire that after we were born again we would believe that He made us to be just like Jesus (Rom 8:29). Our purpose on the earth was to look and act just like Jesus. We were created by God to be the true witnesses of God on the earth, just like Jesus was(Acts 1: 5&8). We are not only cheating ourselves when we don't understand God's purpose for our lives, but we are cheating the world also when we won't walk out this plan of God for man on the earth, for those in the world are looking for the One True God, and God has made us to look just like Him, for Jesus said, " if you've seen Me, you've seen the Father(John 14:9)" and the Father wants His children to say, "if you have seen me, you've seen Jesus", and if the world sees Jesus, they'll be drawn to Him, then God will rescue them through His love. The born again man/woman has a high calling upon his life which is declared in Rom 8:29, "for whom He (God) foreknew,He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son (Jesus), that He (Jesus) might be the first born among many brethren," If you are born again, then you are accounted by Jesus to be among "the many brethren", and we are to respond to what Jesus said in John 14:12, " most assuredly (this is a sure thing), I say to you, he who believes in me (or, he who believes Me), the works that I do, he will do also, and greater works he will do, because I go to My Father". What Jesus left behind on the earth were born again men and women that looked and acted just like Him, and He enabled them to do greater things, or better said, more of the great things that Jesus did, because there were more Jesus's (now take a deep breath and only believe) on the face of the earth to carry out the will of the Father which is, " how God anointed Jesus (and those that are made just like Him, those born again ones) with the Holy Spirit and power, who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil for God was with Him.(Acts 10:38)." (and He is with you and me as well).

It takes courage for the born again man/woman to renew his mind to the place where he realizes he was made (then remade by being born again) in the image of God (Gen 1:26), and he is called to act just like Him because, " as He is, so are we in this world ( 1 John 4:17)". It's time for the church to act like the church (the Body of Christ), and if we are going to act like the church that the Father created then we, thats you and me, we are going to look and act just like Jesus. For this purpose God has drawn you to Himself. Now go and be the person God has created you to be. BE LIKE JESUS!

Note: Don't misunderstand what I'm saying, for there is religious spirit that will come immediately to challenge what you have just read. Let me say this loud and clear. There is only One Jesus who died on the cross for our sins, who paid the price for our sins three days in the belly of the earth, Who then was raised from the dead, who was glorified in heaven, who then sat down at the right hand of the Father to reign and rule forevermore. There is only One Jesus. BUT, the good news of the gospel is that we, you and me, the born again believers, have been raised up to sit together with Christ (we're sitting there now, not when we get to heaven, Eph 2:6) and given the authority in His Name to reign and rule in this life on earth (Rom 5:17) as kings and priests. We have been made by God to be just like Him and the blood of Jesus gives us the right to be just like Him. It takes strength and courage to take God at His word, but if you hang around God long enough, He will make you Just like Himself. I'm love'n it!!

No comments: